Parents can support the Victorian Independent education sector by:
- promoting the community projects undertaken by their children’s school
- informing the wider community of the benefits Independent schools offer
- responding to media articles and opinions through letters to the editor and online comments
- participating in talkback radio discussions dealing with schooling issues
- writing or speaking with local Members of Parliament (MP).
Here are five messages for MPs, candidates and all who care about education and Australia’s future:
- Australia needs more government money invested in education for all students.
- Parents choosing non-government schools add to Australia’s public investment in education.
- Parents who send their children to Independent schools are saving taxpayer dollars – funds which are available for all government schools.
- Government support for Independent schools is money well spent – Independent schools are an efficient use of public funds.
- Government funding for Independent school students promotes choice, balance and quality.